Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chocolate salted caramel cake with lacquer glaze

Rose Levy Beranbaum's new book, Heavenly Cakes, features the shiniest glaze:



This glaze has intrigued me since I acquired her book a year ago. I finally had the opportunity to make it for this Thanksgiving weekend family gathering.

I decided to pair that wonderful Sweet and Salty Cake from NYC's Baked with Ms Beranbaum's new glaze:



From left to right the small photos above show my mise en place, two cake layers slathered with salty caramel and sandwiching a caramel ganache buttercream, three cake layers, all the layers with a skewer to keep the cake fro tilting, the crumb coat, the smoothed coat and the glazed cake.

Here once again is the finished cake:



Tips: The recipe for the lacquer glaze can be found in this post. Also, there is a youtube video where Ms Beranbaum shows how to pour this glaze.

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That cake looks so good! I love that lacquer glaze.

Cheers,

Rosa

Elise said...

I'm looking at that book on amazing right now! Gosh, that cake looks so delicious...

Nicole said...

Gorgeous Cake!!! I am going to try that one for sure! Check out my blog if you get the chance!
"The Daily Dine"

Comfy Cook said...

Love the shine on the glaze. It makes it a real stunner.

orangepflege said...

WoW! that makes me drool.
24hpfleger

Realizare Magazin Online said...

Very nice article. I will wait next one.

Regards,
Taste wine