Monday, February 4, 2008

Wish me well

I have a very important interview that I'm preparing for and it's taking up much of my time - which is why my blogging has slowed down.

I will be taking the next three weeks off and will be back at the end of February to pick up where I left.

In the meantime, please send your good intentions and prayers my way - I am all at once nervous, excited, and grateful for the bright possibilities ahead of me. It feels like the culmination of years of work and sacrifice is so imminent, and it is good!

And, oh, please have some cake ~


Notes:
The cake recipe is available on Rose Levy Beranbaum's site. Use her recommended pan size and baking times, or split the batter between two 6" x 2" cake pans and bake for about 25 minutes.

Take half this chocolate buttercream recipe from Martha Stewart. Slather half of it (so use only a quarter of the recipe and freeze the rest) on the cake and then gloss it up with a light blow-dry. Pile raspberries. Very Valentines, no?

Best wishes for Valentine's Day.

See you at the end of February.

12 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wishing you all the best!

That cake looks beautiful! You are a skilfull baker!

Cheers,

Rosa

glamah16 said...

Good Luck with everything!

The Food Librarian said...

Good Luck Julius!!! If your interviews goes as well as your baking, you are in great shape! :)

LizG said...

Break a leg, Julius! Keep in touch...

Annemarie said...

Lots of good luck and wishes to you Julius - do keep us updated on how things go, and if you can do half as good a job on the interview as you do on the cakes you post about, they'll be offering you a raise before you even accept the job.

chou said...

Good luck!!!!

Allison said...

I just discovered your blog, and it makes me quite happy!
So now I'm kind of sad that you won't be blogging for a while, but I wish you the best of luck with your interview! =)
All of your baked things look sooo amazing!

Janet said...

Wishing you all the success you can handle!!

Sheltie Girl said...

Good luck on the job interview Julius. I hope everything goes well!

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go Go

Julie said...

Ah, dangit--I thought I left a comment here! I hope everything went well!!! How did it go? Blog soon!

Robb said...

Julius,

your cakes always look so good!!!! Break a leg on the interview -- metaphorically, of course.

Let us know how it goes.

Robb
(Bake Through)

Jeena said...

Hi there my name is Jeena and I have started a food recipe forum that I thought you would like to join here Click here for food recipe forum

I would love to see you on there to chat about food and cooking you can talk about anything you like and start your very own topics. :-)
or see my main food recipe website Jeenas food recipe site

Hope to see you soon

Thanks

Jeena x